Who wouldn’t want to stay at home and just basically do nothing? Well, for the busy bees it could be a great break from all the stress. One or two days can be relaxing but sometimes hours of doing nothing can be a drag. What would you do if you’re obliged by your doctor to bed rest for a week or you filed a vacation leave and just want to stay at home? Here are ways on how to beat your boredom as advised by some people in Singapore:
- Read books. It might be good to catch up on your reading. There’s nothing more entertaining, well especially for the book worms, than wallowing in reading novels, love stories or intense detective plots. The feeling of imagining yourself in a different world can make you forget you are even bored in the first place.
- Movie marathon. The usual activity you do when you are alone or when you are with your significant other is this. All you just have to do is grab some popcorn, rent some dvds or Netflix your favorite movies then you are good to go.
- Watch your favorite series. If you want to kill some time, this could definitely do the job for you. This is the best time to binge watch your favorite series like Game of Thrones, Vampire Diaries, New Girl, etc. You won’t even feel bored once you get hooked with the entertaining scenes per episode and season.
- Play games on your phone or enjoy xbox. Candy crush, Temple Run or other games on your smartphones can come in handy whenever you are bored. You can also grab your xbox, if you have one, and indulge in fun games with your family.
- Invite your friends for a get together or house party. One of the best solutions to cure your boredom is to invite your friends to come over. You can do anything you want at home plus you get twice as much fun. You can play games, drink some booze, cook some barbeque, bake some cupcakes, etc.
- You can start a new hobby. There are tons of things that you can try whenever you are bored. You can start a new hobby like doing something you have been itching to do for the past years. You can write a blog, do crocheting, gardening, pottery, or even baking. Anything you want to learn can be searched through Google or YouTube.
- Shop online ‘til you drop. Online shopping can be fulfilling especially if you are at home. Retail therapy can help in uplifting your mood and in making you feel excited. As a reminder, don’t spend too much and look for sales and discounts.