Have you heard about Met Gala? Met Gala takes place in New York every year. Met Gala is attended by big personalities from fashion, film, high-society, music and many more. It is a fundraising event for the benefit of the Costume Institute of the Metropolitan Museum of Arts.
Met Gala is considered one of the most fashionable social events in New York. Every year, millions of dollars are gathered for the benefit of the museum. The gathering is expensive since the cost for tickets (outside the official guest list) costs $25,000. This year’s theme is Charles James: Beyond Fashion.
It seems unlikely to be invited in Met Gala if you are an ordinary Singaporean. The best thing that you can do is look good in whatever occasion you are invited here in Singapore. You should make an effort to look good. If you are invited for a special gala, you should dress to impress. Here are some tips that you can use for that special gala:
- Full hips and thighs: If you have full hips and thighs and you do not want to emphasize it, you should draw the attention in the upper body. You can wear V necks for example. Avoid full skirts because it will make your hips and thighs fuller.
- Heavy arms: If you have flabby arms and you do not want to reveal it, you should consider ¾ or full length sleeves. Avoid sleeveless.
- Plus size: There are also dresses for big women. Do not try to cover your body by wearing layered clothing. You should choose fabrics that will drape nicely in the body. You can consider bold prints and silhouettes if you like.
- Big bust: If you are blessed with generous breasts, you should accentuate it by wearing V necks and halter tops. If you do not want to emphasize it, you should draw the attention in the lower body.
- Small bust: If you are not blessed with generous breasts, avoid dress that reveals too much neckline. In other words, avoid dresses with plunging necklines. Pick dresses with sequins or bandeau to add more dimensions.
Your dress will either flaunt your best features or hide it. If you want to flaunt it, you should consider the things mentioned above. It is difficult to find that right dress for you but if you know what you want to emphasize and you feel confident about yourself, everything will follow.
Do not forget about your hair and your make up because it constitutes the total package. If you are not fond of dress, you can still go to gala and be yourself. The important thing is you enjoy the celebration.