Yes, Singapore is a beautiful country as it is but the world is waiting for your great adventure. Some Singaporeans do not travel because they think that travelling is expensive. You should know that how you travel depends on your choice. If you can travel expensively, that will be on you but if you choose to travel economically, there are many things that you can.
You can have that trip without breaking your bank. You only need to be spontaneous and flexible. Here are some tips that you will find helpful:
- One-way flights: If you do not mind flying on different carriers, you should look for one-way flights. Sometimes, one-way flights are cheap. You can also compare carriers and find the cheapest one.
- Travel solo: The ultimate dream of backpackers is to travel solo. Traveling solo is not so bad and scary. It can be fun. If you travel solo, you will get best rates from hostels. You will also meet new people. If you join guided tours, it can be expensive. So, just travel alone.
- Eat local: If you want to experience the place, the best thing that you can do is eat local. Do not go to restaurants. You should head to food centres with locals and experience their food. There are many food choices that are cheap.
- Travel light: If you travel heavy, you can incur additional cost because you need to pay your excess baggage. Avoid additional charges and just travel light.
- Opt for public transport: Renting a car is surely fun but it can be expensive. If you are not in a rush, you can try their public transport. You can save money and time.
If you have something on your mind, you can consider it as long as you can save money. Do not forget to enjoy. There are people who are too conscious of their spending that they fail to have fun. It is fine to think of your resources but do not miss the opportunity to have fun.