Aromatherapy is famous here in Singapore. Many people attested to its effectiveness especially after a long and tiring day. Aromatherapy utilizes aromatic plant oils and plant materials that include essential oils created for shifting one’s mood, psychological and cognitive well-being. Some think of it as a complementary therapy while others think of it as a practice of alternative medicine.
It was mentioned earlier that aromatherapy utilizes essential oils. When you hear essential oils, it means the fragrance extracted from leaves, bark, roots, flowers and fruits of aromatic plants. Oils have a distinctive scent that can cure diverse conditions. There are different types of oil from cosmetic uses to scents. If you are a beginner, you should know some profiles of essential oils so you will be more acquainted with it. Here are the common essential oils you will find in the market:
- Chamomile: Chamomile is famous not as an essential oil but as a variety of tea. It is time now to know that it can also be your variety of tea. In aromatherapy, chamomile is used to treat depression.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon Is the common staple of everyone – it can be used as kitchen ingredient as well as in aromatherapy. It can reduce irritability and drowsiness? Another classic scent, jasmine flower is important because you can use it as a tea or perfume. It can help calming the nerves from insomnia and depression.
- Lavender: You should never miss lavender as an essential oil. It is famous as a remedy for muscle pains, sinus infections, migraines and asked him simple things.
- Lemon: Your food can never be complete without lemons. It is widely used for many recipes from lemonade to sauces and salads. It can treat coughs, sore throats and many infections.
- Orange: The vitamin C packed fruit can also be used to alter your moods as well as lowering blood pressure.
- Peppermint: Peppermint is the most widely utilized aromatic oil because it can be edible or nonedible. Peppermint oil is famous for its digestion aid.
- Rose: Rose oil and its fragrance have been celebrated for many years and it is associated with romance. Aside from that, rose is common to treat many skin problems.
- Tea Tree: Tea tree oil is also called “medicine cabinet in a bottle”. It is famous because it can cure different things from bacteria to viruses, fungi as well as stimulating your immune system.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is extracted from the sandalwood tree. It goes through an intricate manufacturing. It is famous as a treatment for infections as well as stand against inflammation.