Undergoing a laser eye surgery is the most popular way to treat vision problems like myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and even astigmatism. Laser eye surgery procedures usually involve reshaping of the corneas to enable it to focus incoming light on the retina so that you’ll have a clearer vision. LASIK, PRK, Epi-Lasik, and LASEK have been demonstrated to be clinically safe with numerous studies that were conducted over the past decades. But doing your own research and properly preparing yourself are still essential before undergoing any elective surgery. To help you, here are some tips that you can use to properly prepare yourself for your upcoming laser eye surgery.
1. Get an experienced surgeon. When it comes to something as precise and advanced as an eye surgery, there’s definitely no substitute for experience. Going with a surgeon who has gained years of experience and has already performed thousands of successful lasik procedures lowers your risk of experiencing surgery-related complications. The best way to locate a skilled eye surgeon is by asking for recommendations from your eye doctor. Another way to find experienced lasik eye surgeons in Singapore is by doing online research, but make sure to read reviews about the person before settling with him.
2. Check the reputation of your eye clinic. Doing a quick search on the internet will definitely reveal numerous clinic options that provide good and quality eye surgery services. Naturally, your first instinct after doing some research might be to find the nearest and cheapest clinic available. But since it’s your eye health that we’re talking about, it’s suggested that you choose a reputable clinic in Singapore to ensure that you’ll be provided with quality treatment and care. There are some good clinics and some like www.clearvision.com.sg provides lasik in singapore and has cilents of all races and ages. Also, be cautious on the advertisements that emphasize the lowest price, the clinic’s technology and the surgeon are the factors that you should consider the most.
3. Be aware of the technology to be used on your eye. If you plan to undergo a laser eye surgery, it’s given that you should understand that different forms of laser eye surgery exist. LASIK is the most common eye treatment, while the Custom LASIK is the most advanced. There are also a number of other eye surgeries like LASEK, PRK and Epi-LASIK, a specific procedure ideal for those who have thin corneas. Before pushing through with the surgery, ensure that your chosen clinic has invested and only uses the safest and best laser technology there is.
4. Have your health, especially your eyes, checked. For you to qualify for an eye surgery, you should be in good health and more importantly, have healthy eyes. It should be free of diseases like cataracts and glaucoma since these conditions can affect the procedure. Make sure that you get a thorough eye and health checkup before scheduling your vision correction procedure.
5. Know the possible outcomes. Laser eye surgery – be it LASEK, PRK, LASIK or Epi-Lasik Singapore – can be performed to improve your reading capability or distance vision, or both. Have your surgeon thoroughly discuss your eye prescription and your treatment options before the laser eye surgery.
Doing the necessary preparations before undergoing a procedure plays a vital role whether the operation succeeds or fails, and with these preparation tips to follow, you can now ensure that you’re a step ahead of having a successful laser eye treatment and getting a more favorable result.